What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 21 chicken pot pie in instant pot recipe that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
21 Chicken Pot Pie In Instant Pot Recipe
Can you put frozen chicken in an Instapot?
You can safely cook frozen meat in an Instant Pot because pressure cooking cooks foods quickly. Unlike a slow cooker, in which frozen food may stay in a dangerous temperature range for too long, the Instant Pot can quickly bring frozen food to a safe temperature.
Should you Prebake the bottom crust of a chicken pot pie?
I solved the problem with most soggy chicken pot pies – I have you to prebake the bottom crust before filling it with my rich and flavorful chicken and veggie packed filling so the bottom crust won’t get soggy, and then have you bake it again with a top crust until golden brown!
How long does it take to cook chicken in the Instant Pot?
Pressure cook on high for 8-10 minutes for fresh chicken breast, and 10-12 minutes for frozen chicken (depending on the thickness of the breasts). Cook time stays the same no matter how much chicken you add to the pot; the pot will just take longer to come to pressure.
What is the best way to cook chicken in the Instant Pot?
- Arrange the chicken, salt, and water in the electric pressure cooker. …
- For perfectly juicy chicken breast: Cook the chicken on HIGH pressure for 10 minutes and quick release the pressure. …
- For shredded chicken: Cook the chicken on HIGH pressure for 15 minutes and natural release for 5 minutes.
How long do you cook frozen chicken in a Instapot?
How do you defrost chicken fast and safely?
4 safe ways to defrost chicken
- Use the microwave. This is the fastest method, but remember: Chicken must be cooked immediately after you thaw it using a microwave. …
- Use cold water. This should take two to three hours. …
- Use a refrigerator. …
- Don’t thaw at all!
How do you keep the bottom crust of chicken pot pie from getting soggy?
Coating the surface of the bottom crust will create a barrier to prevent sogginess. Adding a layer of corn syrup or a slightly beaten egg white before pouring in the filling will form a seal between the pie dough and the filling and will help make the crust crisp and flaky.
How do you keep a pot pie crust from getting soggy?
7 Tips to Help You Avoid a Soggy Pie Crust
- Use less water. Use the liquid amount as a guideline and sprinkle it on a tablespoon at a time just until your dough comes together. …
- Blind-bake your crust. …
- Fight the puff a better way. …
- Egg wash. …
- Seal your crust with chocolate. …
- Drain the fruit. …
- Use thickeners.
Do you put egg wash on chicken pot pie?
Tips for Easy Chicken Pot Pie:
Don’t be shy with the egg wash! You want your crust to be golden brown and glistening. Sprinkle a little bit of dry thyme on top of the crust to make it look homemade.
How much liquid do I put in my pressure cooker?
When you use a pressure cooker, you need to have enough liquid in the pot for it to come up to pressure and cook the food properly. The rule of liquids in pressure cooking is to always add at least 1 cup of liquid unless the recipe states otherwise. The liquid will help create enough steam to cook the meal. 3.
How long do you pressure can chicken?
How Long Do You Pressure Can Chicken?
- Bone-In Chicken (Raw Pack or Hot Pack) – Process Pints for 1 hour 5 minutes, Quarts for 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Boneless Chicken (Raw Pack or Hot Pack) – Process Pints for 1 hour 15 minutes, Quarts 1 hour 30 minute.
How long do I pressure cook chickpeas?
Cooking Chickpeas in a Pressure Cooker
Soaked chickpeas: Add soaked chickpeas (from 1 pound dried) and 6 cups of water to the pressure cooker. Seal the lid and cook on High Pressure for 12 minutes, and then naturally release for 10 minutes.