What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 21 pork chops and cheesy scalloped potatoes recipe that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
21 Pork Chops And Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
What potatoes go with pork chops?
I prefer Yukon gold potatoes, but red skin potatoes work as well. Another option would be to use fingerling potatoes, but usually I don’t find these often at the grocery store. The pork chops used here were 1 inch in thickness.
How do you dress up boxed scalloped potatoes?
12 Easy Upgrades for Potatoes
- Bacon + French Fried Onions + Green Onions. …
- Caramelized Onions. …
- Sautéed Mushrooms + White Truffle Oil. …
- Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles + Pepper Jack Cheese. …
- Crumbled Sausage + Cheddar Cheese. …
- Basil Pesto Stir. …
- Taco Seasoning + Mexicorn. …
- Gorgonzola Cheese + Butter.
How long do you cook pork chops in the oven at 350?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Place pork chops in a baking pan. Spread 1 teaspoon of butter over each chop, then spread 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise over butter. …
- Bake 35 minutes in preheated oven, or until the internal temperature of the chops has reached 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
How do you make Martha Stewart scalloped potatoes?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter a 2-quart shallow baking dish and rub with garlic. …
- Place dish on a rimmed baking sheet and bake on top rack until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, about 1 hour. Uncover and bake until top is golden in spots, 30 to 40 minutes.
How do I cook pork chops so they don’t dry out?
High-heat frying sears them to a golden brown; and a moderately hot oven (400 degrees F) bakes the pork chops gently enough to keep them from drying out. This “sear-roasting” method is a great way to cook pork chops in the oven: Fry one side to golden brown, then flip, and place the chops directly in the oven.
What’s good to eat with pork chops?
13 Best Side Dishes for Pork Chops
- Fried Apples. Let’s start with something sweet and crunchy, shall we? …
- Cranberry Pecan Salad. If you want a perfectly balanced meal, serve a light and refreshing salad with your pork chops. …
- Vegetable Fried Rice. …
- Glazed Carrots. …
- Dinner Rolls. …
- Cornbread. …
- Corn Pudding. …
- Scalloped Potatoes.
Why are my scalloped potatoes bland?
My scalloped potatoes are bland
They are also in need of serious seasoning to ensure deliciousness. Make sure your sauce is well-seasoned, but also, season each layer of potatoes with salt and pepper before adding the sauce, to make sure they are as flavorful as you want them!
What can you substitute for milk in boxed scalloped potatoes?
Some recipes use chicken broth or water while others use non-dairy alternatives like soy or almond milk.
Can I eat expired boxed scalloped potatoes?
The product is still safe to eat after the date, but the taste or texture might have diminished or the product might not have the full vitamin content indicated on the package.
Do you bake pork chops covered or uncovered?
Step 4: Bake Pork Chops
Bake pork chops uncovered first (more on the timings below) at 350°F. Once they’re done (the safe internal temperature is 145°F), remove and cover with foil. Let stand 3 minutes before serving.
What temp should you bake pork chops?
Pork chops should be baked to an internal temp of 145°F.
- 450°F – bake 14-16 minutes.
- 400°F – bake 17-19 minutes.
- 375°F – bake 22-25 minutes.
- 350°F – bake 35 minutes.
What temperature should you cook pork at in the oven?
In the Oven:
- Pre-heat oven to 325F (165C).
- Bake pork chops in the oven for approximately 30 MINUTES, flipping at the 15-minute mark.
- Or until internal temperature reaches 155F (68C), rested to a final 160F (71C).