What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 21 hanukkah recipes that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
21 Hanukkah Recipes
What are traditional Hanukkah foods?
- Brisket. Brisket is enjoyed during many Jewish holidays besides Hanukkah, such as Rosh Hashanah and Passover. …
- Latkes. Latkes, also known as potato pancakes, are made from shallow-fried shredded or mashed potatoes. …
- Kugel. …
- Sufganiyot. …
- Hanukkah Gelt.
What is served for Hanukkah dinner?
- 1 of 12 Potato Latkes I.
- 2 of 12 Spiced Slow Cooker Applesauce.
- 3 of 12 Applesauce.
- 4 of 12 Most Amazing Challah.
- 5 of 12 Wine-Braised Beef Brisket.
- 6 of 12 Salmon with Lemon and Dill.
- 7 of 12 Crispy Rosemary Chicken and Fries.
- 8 of 12 Roasted Green Beans.
What is the most popular food for Hanukkah?
Is Hanukkah like Christmas?
The Festival of Lights. The “Jewish Christmas.” The holiday that Adam Sandler wrote a song about. To Jewish people, however, Hanukkah isn’t actually all that religious of a holiday –though because of its proximity to Christmas, it’s often assumed the most important Jewish holiday. It’s not.
What meat is used for Hanukkah?
What do you drink on Hanukkah?
Celebrating Hanukkah with Traditional Foods & Drink Pairings
- Chocolate Gelt and Rum. …
- Sufganiyot (Jelly-Filled Donuts) and Beer. …
- Latkes and Bourbon. …
- Brisket and Red Wine. …
- Sweet Kugel and Pear Cardamom Sangria.
What do the 4 letters on the dreidel mean?
What do you eat on the first day of Hanukkah?
Food that is eaten around this time of the year include sufganiot (Hanukkah donuts), potato latkes (pancakes), Hanukkah candy, mandelbrot (a firm, cake-like cookie that can be made into a loaf and sliced like a hard bread), and rugelach (a type of pastry that can be used with different fillings, such as raisins, …