What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 15 recipe for baked pork chops with apples and onions that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
15 Recipe For Baked Pork Chops With Apples And Onions
What apples are best for cooking with pork?
The some of the best apples for cooking and baking in general are Braeburn, Gala, Granny Smith, Golden Delicious, Honeycrisp, and Pink Lady. Golden Delicious and Honeycrisp are particularly good with pork. These two varieties along with Granny Smith apples for a bit of tartness are used in this recipe.
Do you cook pork chops in the oven covered or uncovered?
Cook the pork chops uncovered in the oven for about 30-35 minutes, turning only once halfway through the cooking time. Turn the carrots and potatoes as needed. Check that the internal temperature of the pork chops is between 140–145 F. Once the pork chops are cooked, remove from oven.
How do you bake pork chops without drying them out?
How To Cook Pork Chops Without Drying Them Out
- Buy bone-in pork chops.
- Add a flavor boost with a simple marinade.
- Bring the meat to room temperature before cooking.
- Start them on the stove; finish them in the oven.
- Add a splash of chicken stock to prevent the meat from drying out in the oven.
How long does it take to bake pork chops in the oven at 350?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Place pork chops in a baking pan. Spread 1 teaspoon of butter over each chop, then spread 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise over butter. …
- Bake 35 minutes in preheated oven, or until the internal temperature of the chops has reached 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Is pork good with apples?
An apple can be the perfect complement to cut the salt from any pork dish and if you’re entertaining, it can be a nice little surprise when your guests dig in! For pairing with the saltiness of pork, we recommend sweeter varieties that hold their shape while baking, like Golden Delicious, Piñata®, and Honeycrisp.
Why does apple go with pork?
People have actually been pairing pork with apples for centuries. Before sugar was readily available to most people, fruit sweetened foods were usually served alongside or in combination with savory, and apples were a common way to add a touch of sweetness to pork dishes.
Should you cover pork chops with aluminum foil when baking?
Bake pork chops uncovered first (more on the timings below) at 350°F. Once they’re done (the safe internal temperature is 145°F), remove and cover with foil.
What temperature should you cook pork chops in the oven?
Pork chops should be baked to an internal temp of 145°F.
- 450°F – bake 14-16 minutes.
- 400°F – bake 17-19 minutes.
- 375°F – bake 22-25 minutes.
- 350°F – bake 35 minutes.
How do you tenderize pork chops before baking?
How to Make Tender Pork Chops
- Opt for Thick-Cut Bone-In Pork Chops. Thin-cut pork chops won’t sear properly in the time it takes to cook them through. …
- Skip the Brine, but Season Liberally. …
- Let the Pork Chops Rest. …
- Sear Pork Chops Over Medium-High Heat. …
- Baste the Pork Chops. …
- Let the Pork Chops Rest, Again. …
How do you make dry pork chops moist?
Rescue a dry and tough pork chop, chicken breast, or hamburger and make it moist and edible again.
- 1 Cook it in a liquid. One way to rescue it is to cook it in a liquid. …
- 2 Shred meat then toss in a sauce. Another option is to shred the meat and toss in a flavorful sauce. …
- 3 Simmer meat into a stew or soup.
How do you tenderize pork?
How do you keep thin pork chops from drying out?
Balance Speed and Temperature When You Cook Pork Chops
Since pork chops are often on the thin side, they need to cook quickly to prevent drying out. After brining or marinating, let the pork chops reach room temperature before cooking. This reduces your cooking time.
How long do you bake thin pork chops at 375?
Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 18-25 minutes depending on the thickness of the chop. Check internal temperature with a meat thermometer to make sure it reaches 145 degrees. If using 1/2-inch pork chop, check the temperature after 12 minutes of cooking.
What temperature do you bake boneless pork chops?
Tips to cook juicy boneless pork chops:
Bake at 400 F for 7 minutes per 1/2-inch thickness of the pork chops. Pork’s internal temperature needs to be 145 F in order for the meat to be safe to eat.
How long should pork chops bake at 400?
HOW LONG DO YOU COOK BONELESS PORK CHOPS?
|Pork Chop Oven Temp||Boneless Pork Chop Bake Time|
|350°F||10-12 min||20-22 min|
|375°F||8-10 min||18-20 min|
|400°F||7-8 min||15-18 min|
|425°F||6-7 min||12-15 min|