What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 15 breadmaker hot cross bun recipe that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
15 Breadmaker Hot Cross Bun Recipe
Can you make hot cross buns in a breadmaker?
The signature cross—representing the crucifixion—is formed on the top of each bun with icing. These classic hot cross buns are started in the bread machine, so there no manual kneading required. The dough is mixed and kneaded in the bread machine and then the rolls are shaped and baked by hand.
Can I make buns in a bread maker?
It’s SO easy. For these dinner buns, I made the dough in the bread machine, then when the dough cycle was done, I finished the rest of the process. I let the dough rise, then I shaped them into these tray buns, let them rise again, then baked them…the smell of bread baking is the best.
How do you make a hot cross bun loaf?
- Place the flour and butter in a large mixing bowl. …
- Pour the milk into a jug and add 125ml boiling water. …
- Turn the mixture out on to a floured work surface and knead for 10 mins until smooth and elastic. …
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. …
- Bake in the oven for 30 mins until golden brown.
How do you make hot cross buns easy?
- Tip the flour into a bowl and stir in the salt, mixed spice and sugar.
- Rub in the butter with your fingertips. …
- Using a blunt knife, mix the ingredients to a moist dough, then leave to soak for 5 mins. …
- Shape the dough into buns on a floured surface. …
- When the buns are risen, heat oven to 220C/fan 200C/gas 7.
How do you make dinner rolls in a bread maker?
- Place ingredients into bread machine according to manufacturers directions.
- Select dough cycle.
- When cycle is complete, shape dough as desired or wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 24 hours.
- If refrigerated, let dough set out for an hour before using.
Do you egg wash hot cross buns?
Mix the plain flour with a pinch of salt and enough cold water to make a stiff paste. Paint the top of each bun with egg wash, and then, using a piping bag or teaspoon, draw a thick cross on the top of each.
Can I make hamburger buns in a bread machine?
These hamburger buns are a snap to make in your bread machine. Basically, I added the wet ingredients, followed by the salt, sugar, and flour to the pan of the bread machine. The last ingredient that I added was the yeast. I set the bread machine on the dough cycle, and walked away!
Can I use regular flour in bread machine?
You can use all purpose flour, though your bread may not rise as high or be as light as with bread flour. Bread flour has a higher gluten content than all-purpose flour; and gluten creates a “fibrous” structure that traps the gasses produced by the yeast fermenting and causes bread to rise.
Can you make cinnamon rolls in a bread machine?
Yes, there are thousands of recipes out there that don’t require a bread machine. And I’m sure they are delicious. But, I assure you, you are not compromising flavor or texture when using a bread machine to do the hard work of making the dough for your cinnamon rolls.
How do you make hot cross buns UK?
Put 500g strong bread flour, 1 tsp salt, 75g caster sugar and 7g sachet fast-action or easy-blend yeast into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Pour in the warm milk and butter mixture, then add 1 beaten egg. Using a wooden spoon, mix well, then bring everything together with your hands until you have a sticky dough.
How do you make a Bunloaf?
- Soak fruit and sugar in large bowl overnight.
- Preheat oven to 170C (150 fan, gas mark 3). Mix egg and flour in a bowl.
- Divide mixture between two greased 2lb (900g) loaf tins.
- Bake for 1 hour until golden, and an inserted knife comes out clean. Serve sliced and buttered.
Is hot cross bun a cake or bread?
Hot cross buns were invented by the Christians in ancient Rome and are a traditional snack eaten during Easter. They are made of sweet, spiced bread dough with raisins which ia baked. Most people eat hot cross buns either toasted or cold with loads of butter.