What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 15 baked canned sweet potato recipe that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
15 Baked Canned Sweet Potato Recipe
How do you bake canned sweet potatoes?
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray 12×8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Place sweet potatoes in sprayed baking dish. Pour butter over potatoes. Sprinkle with brown sugar and salt. …
- Bake at 350°F. for 25 to 30 minutes or until potatoes are thoroughly heated and marshmallows are lightly browned.
How can you make canned sweet potatoes taste better?
Spice-wise, you should also add a half-teaspoon of allspice, clove, nutmeg, pumpkin pie spice, or even cayenne pepper along with the ground cinnamon. For an even sweeter flavor, drizzle your cooked sweet potatoes with maple syrup.
How do I use canned sweet potatoes?
Sweet Potato Dip: Mash canned sweet potatoes + a couple tablespoons of plain Greek yogurt + a few shakes of cinnamon + nuts. Serve with apples, carrots and graham crackers (photo at top.) Or try Sweet Potato Hummus Dip: mashed canned sweet potatoes + hummus + smoked paprika. Serve with sweet mini peppers.
What can be made from canned sweet potatoes?
These are “whenever the mood strikes,” foods for me.
- Candied Yams. …
- Canned Sweet Potato Casserole with Marshmallows. …
- Sweet Potato Souffle Dip. …
- Sweet Potato Soup. …
- Sweet Potato Biscuits. …
- Sweet Potato Muffins. …
- Sweet Potato Cake. …
- Sweet Potato Marshmallow Bars.
Are canned sweet potatoes already cooked?
In the USA, it is a traditional dish served with a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. This Sweet Potato Casserole recipe can be made with fresh sweet potatoes or with canned sweet potatoes. The canned sweet potatoes are already cooked. The fresh sweet potatoes would need to get cooked first (see below).
How long do canned yams take to bake?
- Pour can of Yams in a casserole (or oven safe cookware).
- Drain and save 1/2 cup of liquid and pour back into yams.
- Sprinkle Yams with Brown Sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and mix well.
- Pat Butter on top.
- Place in preheated 350′ oven for 30-35 minutes.
How do you make sweet potato pie with canned sweet potatoes?
- Heat oven to 425°F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Filled Pie using 9-inch glass pie pan.
- Place sweet potatoes, brown sugar, cinnamon, allspice, half-and-half, sherry and eggs in blender container or food processor bowl with metal blade. Cover and blend until smooth. …
- Bake 15 minutes.
Can you substitute canned sweet potatoes for fresh?
Canned or frozen sweet potatoes may be substituted for the fresh form in any recipe calling for cooked sweet potatoes as the starting point. Canned sweet potatoes are generally smaller in diameter because of their better canning qualities.
Can you use canned sweet potatoes for sweet potato casserole?
Assembling the canned sweet potato casserole is super quick and easy. All you need to do is drain the canned sweet potatoes, then mash ’em, mix in the rest of the ingredients, top it off with mini marshmallows and put it into the oven to toast those babies up.
Are canned yams and sweet potatoes the same thing?
Yes, all so-called “yams” are in fact sweetpotatoes. Most people think that long, red-skinned sweetpotatoes are yams, but they really are just one of many varieties of sweetpotatoes.