What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 21 old fashioned turkey meatloaf recipe that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
21 Old Fashioned Turkey Meatloaf Recipe
Why does my turkey meatloaf fall apart?
Why Does Some Meatloaf Fall Apart? … The most common reason as to why your meatloaf may fall apart is that it doesn’t have enough binding agents, like eggs and breadcrumbs. These ingredients are key because they’re what makes the meat mixture stick together and stay together while it cooks.
What is the best binder for meatloaf?
Bread is the most popular meatloaf binder
Bread is one of the best and most popular binders for meatloaf. Probably because we always have lots of stale bread around. Bread works just as well whether it’s fresh, stale or dry. Any break you use should be cut or torn into very small pieces or run through a food processor.
How do you make Paula Deen’s meatloaf?
- 1 lb ground beef.
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion.
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper.
- 1 lightly beaten egg.
- 8 oz canned without juice diced tomatoes.
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats.
What ingredient keeps meatloaf from falling apart?
There can be many reasons why your meatloaf falls apart. The most common reason is that your meatloaf doesn’t have enough binding agents. To help your meatloaf stay together add things in like eggs and bread crumbs because they are key ingredients that bind meat stick together.
How do you keep meatloaf moist?
Stale bread is an essential ingredient in meatloaf, as it works to bind the meat together. But blending in dry bread will take away some of the moisture from the meat. Follow this tip: For a more moist meatloaf, soak the bread in milk until it becomes thick and mushy before blending the mixture together.
How can you tell if turkey meatloaf is done without a thermometer?
If you don’t have a thermometer, then you might wish to try using a metal fork. Meatloaf is usually done cooking if a metal fork can be poked into the center without much resistance. You could check the condition of the meatloaf using your fingers as well.
What can I put in meatloaf instead of breadcrumbs?
What are the best subs for breadcrumbs?
- Oats. Oats are the perfect substitutes for breadcrumbs in meatballs or meatloaf. …
- Crushed Chips. …
- Nuts. …
- Pretzels or Crackers. …
- Crushed Cereal.
What can I put on top of meatloaf instead of ketchup?
Substitutes For Ketchup In Meatloaf
- BBQ sauce. If you want to outshine while making this family classic, go for BBQ sauce as a glaze. …
- Mayonnaise. Although distinct from ketchup, mayonnaise can serve the role of a glaze. …
- Red Salsa. Wanna try something spicy yet full of unique flavor? …
- Mushroom sauce. …
Do you cover a meatloaf when baking?
Cover a single large meatloaf with a piece of aluminum foil during cooking to keep it moist, but uncover it for the last 15 minutes of baking. “Meatloaf is highly suited to being either frozen raw for cooking later or cooked and frozen to reheat.” Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
How do you make Rachael Ray meatloaf?
- Cooking spray.
- 3 slices white sandwich bread.
- ¼ cup milk.
- 2 pounds meatloaf mix (beef, pork and veal)
- 1 small onion, grated.
- 1 clove garlic, grated.
- 1 egg, lightly beaten.
- ½ cup ketchup.
How do you make Patti Labelle meatloaf?
- 2 1/2 lbs ground round ; 85% lean.
- 1/2 cup bottled, thick Salsa ; plus more for serving.
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped.
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper ; seeded and chopped.
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs.
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped ; white and green parts.
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped.
- 2 cloves garlic ; minced.