What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 21 chicken fried rice recipes that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
21 Chicken Fried Rice Recipes
What is the secret to fried rice?
5 secrets for perfect fried rice
- Use cold, leftover cooked rice. …
- Use medium to long grain rice, not short grain sweet/sushi rice or glutinous rice. …
- A blazing hot wok (a wok is ideal but a large pan, skillet, or Dutch oven will do) and an adequate amount of oil will ensure your ingredients don’t stick to the surface.
What are the main ingredients in fried rice?
What goes good with chicken fried rice?
What to Serve with Fried Rice and Stir Fry
- Fried Rice Sides. We’ve talked about the basics of choosing side dishes. …
- Vegetables. Try steamed or roasted broccoli, brussels sprouts, or green beans. …
- Fruit. Fresh cut oranges or pineapple can serve as a side/dessert. …
- Egg rolls, dumplings or spring rolls. …
Is chicken fried rice good for weight loss?
Generally, fried white rice will not help you lose weight, especially the calorie-filled, soy sauce covered take-out varieties! However, if you’re eating a dish similar to our recipe, it’s much lower in calories and fat with a decent amount of filling fiber, helping you eat less food during the day.
What makes Chinese fried rice taste so good?
There are a few different seasonings that make fried rice taste just right. The most important are soy sauce, oyster sauce and fish sauce. All three add unique flavors to rice, but it can be easy to go overboard.
What is the best oil to make fried rice?
The top oils to use in fried rice, and which to avoid
For a mildly nutty flavor, you’ll want to pick peanut oil. If you want your oil to infuse your fried rice with a rich flavor, go with avocado oil, macadamia oil, or sesame, depending on what taste you’re going for.
How do you make simple fried rice?
- Preheat a large skillet or wok to medium heat. Pour sesame oil in the bottom. …
- Slide the onion, peas and carrots to the side, and pour the beaten eggs onto the other side. Using a spatula, scramble the eggs. …
- Add the rice to the veggie and egg mixture. Pour the soy sauce on top.
What gives fried rice its color?
Many people think that the golden-brown color in the rice comes from soy sauce and sesame oil. And while both of those ingredients do add a bit of color, most of the color actually comes from properly cooking the rice on its own to a golden color before adding the rest of the ingredients. So, the oil is important.
How do you cut spring onions for fried rice?
Is fried rice a main dish?
Fried rice is a dish of cooked rice that has been stir-fried in a wok or a frying pan and is usually mixed with other ingredients such as eggs, vegetables, seafood, or meat.
|Thai-style seafood fried rice|
|Alternative names||show List|
|Region or state||Worldwide|
|Main ingredients||Cooked rice, cooking oil|
What meat goes with fried rice?
Fried Rice is an easy one-pot wonder and a complete meal. You can add your favorite type of meat or whatever leftovers you have on hand… ground or shredded beef, pork, or chicken, diced ham, or shrimp are all delicious!
Does fried rice make you gain weight?
A 1-cup serving of fried rice contains a variable amount of fat, depending on what’s it’s cooked with. However, be aware of portion sizes — standard restaurant portions are often 4 cups, adding a significant amount of fat.