What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 21 bariatric recipes puree stage that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
21 Bariatric Recipes Puree Stage
What can you eat during pureed stage of bariatric surgery?
- Lean ground meat, poultry or fish.
- Cottage cheese.
- Soft scrambled eggs.
- Cooked cereal.
- Soft fruits and cooked vegetables.
- Strained cream soups.
What can I eat on puree after gastric sleeve?
Suggested Foods Ideas for Pureed Diet After Bariatric Surgery
- Yogurt (plain or sugar free, low or nonfat, blended without fruit chunks)
- Strained cream soups (celery, potato, mushroom, or chicken made with skim milk)
- Skim milk with ½ scoop protein powder.
- Protein supplements added to food or water for extra protein.
How long is the puree stage after gastric bypass?
Between two and three weeks after weight loss surgery, you will begin to incorporate soft, pureed foods into your diet. This is stage three of the post-weight loss surgery diet plan. After weight loss surgery, it will take some time for your body to adjust to eating normal foods again.
How long does the puree stage last?
Are scrambled eggs on a pureed diet?
fluid, gravy, sauce or custard in or on the food has not thinned out or separated off. Foods that purée easily: Eggs: Dishes such as baked or scrambled eggs liquidise well. Cheese: This can be added to white sauce and served with liquidised poultry, fish or vegetables.
Can I eat mac and cheese after gastric sleeve?
You can add non-fat dry milk to soups, hot cereals, macaroni and cheese, skim milk and other foods. Do not eat and drink at the same time. This will fill the pouch too quickly and make you nauseated or sick. Remember to chew your food till it is liquid in consistency.
What are the best foods to puree?
Foods that can be pureed include:
- Cooked pasta, potatoes, and rice.
- Cooked hot cereals, like oatmeal, grits, or Cream of Wheat.
- Cooked meats, fish and chicken.
- Dairy products such as cottage cheese, yogurt, and ice cream.
- Cooked vegetables such as potatoes and beans.
- Canned fruits.
- Ripe bananas and avocados.
Can I eat mashed potatoes after gastric sleeve?
Bariatric pureed diet foods include:
Mashed potatoes. Unsweetened applesauce. Refried beans.
Why do you have to puree after gastric sleeve?
When you start to eat after surgery you need to begin with smooth pureed or liquidised foods. This is to allow safe healing and there will be some swelling around your stomach. Any foods that are too lumpy at this stage will stick and make you vomit.
What can you never eat again after gastric bypass?
Foods to Avoid After Bariatric Surgery
- Red meat that’s tough or dry.
- Greasy, high fat foods.
- Heavily seasoned or spicy foods.
- Sugar alcohols, such as erythritol, glycerol, mannitol, sorbitol and xylitol.
- Foods reheated in the microwave.
Can you eat oatmeal on a pureed diet?
Grains and grain products – Rice, well-cooked pasta, crackers, pancakes, rolls, noodles, and muffins, all pureed with liquid of choice into a pudding consistency. Cooked hot cereal such as smooth or blended oatmeal, baby oatmeal, cream of wheat or farina. Cook with small amounts of liquid to keep moist, but not runny.
How many calories should I eat 2 years after gastric bypass?
Recommended Meal Plan for Two to Six Months Post-Surgery
Consume 900 to 1,000 calories and at least 65 to 75 grams of protein a day. For balanced nutrient intake, your daily servings should include: 3 servings milk and dairy products (nonfat and low-fat)