What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 21 baked pork chop dinner recipes that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
21 Baked Pork Chop Dinner Recipes
What goes with pork chops for dinner?
- Mashed Potatoes. Mashed potatoes are one of the best sides for pork chops you can have. …
- Fried Apples. I bet you’ve never had apples as a side with your fried pork chop before. …
- Butternut Squash Soup. …
- Cranberry Pecan Salad. …
- French Onion Soup. …
- Vegetable Fried Rice. …
- Mac and Cheese. …
- Glazed Carrots.
Do you cover pork chops when you bake them in the oven?
Step 4: Bake Pork Chops
Bake pork chops uncovered first (more on the timings below) at 350°F. Once they’re done (the safe internal temperature is 145°F), remove and cover with foil. Let stand 3 minutes before serving.
How do you keep pork chops from drying out in the oven?
The best way to keep your pork chops from drying out is to bake them at high temperature for a shorter amount of time. I bake my pork chops at 425° F. At this temperature, 1-inch thick boneless pork chops take between 15-20 minutes to cook.
How long do you cook pork chops in the oven at 350?
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (180 degrees C).
- Place pork chops in a baking pan. Spread 1 teaspoon of butter over each chop, then spread 1 teaspoon of mayonnaise over butter. …
- Bake 35 minutes in preheated oven, or until the internal temperature of the chops has reached 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
What vegetables go with pork chops?
If you’d like to serve vegetables with pork chops, you’ll be happy to know that pretty much any vegetable goes well with pork chops. From broccoli, potatoes, green beans, carrots, squash, onions, asparagus, and zucchini, your choices are endless!
What potatoes go with pork chops?
I prefer Yukon gold potatoes, but red skin potatoes work as well. Another option would be to use fingerling potatoes, but usually I don’t find these often at the grocery store. The pork chops used here were 1 inch in thickness.
Should I brown pork chops before baking?
Pork chops are a healthy, lean alternative to steak and other red meat. Brown ordinary pork chops over high heat before you bake them and you can wake up an otherwise unremarkable dish.
How do you tenderize pork chops before baking?
How to Make Tender Pork Chops
- Opt for Thick-Cut Bone-In Pork Chops. Thin-cut pork chops won’t sear properly in the time it takes to cook them through. …
- Skip the Brine, but Season Liberally. …
- Let the Pork Chops Rest. …
- Sear Pork Chops Over Medium-High Heat. …
- Baste the Pork Chops. …
- Let the Pork Chops Rest, Again. …
What temperature should pork chops be cooked at?
What’s the best way to tenderize pork chops?
You can also use a meat tenderizer or any acidic fruit juices like lime, lemon, or pineapple juice. The acid penetrates the meat and breaks down the protein which tenderizes the pork chops.
Why are my pork chops always so dry?
Because pork chops are such a lean cut, they are relatively quick-cooking and prone to overcooking. When they’re cooked for even a few minutes too long, whether it’s in the oven or on the stovetop or grill, they’re quick to dry out, and — you guessed it — become tough, chewy, and less than appealing.
How do you keep pork chops from overcooking?
How To Cook Pork Chops Without Drying Them Out
- Buy bone-in pork chops.
- Add a flavor boost with a simple marinade.
- Bring the meat to room temperature before cooking.
- Start them on the stove; finish them in the oven.
- Add a splash of chicken stock to prevent the meat from drying out in the oven.