What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 15 whole cauliflower recipes that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
15 Whole Cauliflower Recipes
What does cauliflower go well with?
This versatile veg is delicious any way you cook it, and its mellow flavor acts like a canvas for aromatics and spices, and it works well with salty elements like anchovies, olives and capers, as well as rich, smoky bacon and speck. Cauliflower also plays nicely with cream, butter, eggs, and nuts, too.
How do you blanch a whole cauliflower?
Submerge the head of cauliflower in the water, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until you can easily insert a knife into the center, 15 minutes or more. Don’t overcook.
How do you cook a head of cauliflower?
- Remove the light and dark green leaves from the base of the cauliflower. …
- Cut and discard the stem at the base.
- Chop the head into large florets or break it apart with your fingers.
- Cut the larger florets into smaller florets, if needed, for your recipe.
- Trim and discard any excess stems.
How do I roast James cauliflower?
- Ingredients. 1 cauliflower, cut into florets. Olive oil.
- For the sauce. 1ltr full fat milk. ½ onion. 1 bay leaf. 1 clove. …
- Method. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Place the cauliflower onto a roasting tray and drizzle in olive oil. Season, then roast for 10 minutes until lightly charred.
Which is healthier cauliflower or broccoli?
Broccoli has more calories, protein, lipids, and carbs than cauliflower. On the other hand, cauliflower has more sugars, and broccoli has more dietary fibre. Broccoli has more vitamins and minerals, including vitamin E, K, A, and C, as well as calcium, iron, zinc, and phosphorus.
Which spices go well with cauliflower?
What Spices and Herbs Go Well with Cauliflower Soup?
- Paprika. Cauliflower and paprika are an especially good combination because of the way that they support each other’s flavor profile. …
- Tarragon. It’s hard to beat a good soup, especially in the winter. …
- Rosemary. …
- Dill. …
- Garlic. …
- Coriander. …
- Ginger. …
- Cajun Seasoning.
What happens if you don’t blanch cauliflower before freezing?
Blanching locks in a vegetable’s nutritional content and ensures a pleasant texture when you go to cook with it. Freezing fresh cauliflower might result in a mushy texture, but if you must, we recommend ricing the cauliflower first to avoid any weird textural changes.
Can you freeze a whole cauliflower?
So, can you freeze cauliflower? Absolutely. We’ll walk you through the best method for freezing cauliflower, plus give you tips for thawing and what to do with your cauli once you’re ready to cook.
Is it necessary to boil cauliflower before cooking?
Cauliflower can be cooked using several methods. Some common methods are steaming, boiling, sautéing, stir frying, and microwaving. Cauliflower should be cooked until they are tender-crisp. If it is cooked too long, the florets will fall apart and become mushy.
Is it better to boil or steam cauliflower?
Basics. When cauliflower is boiled, it loses a percentage of all nutrients except vitamin B-12 because they leach into the cooking water. Minerals hold up to heat and water better than vitamins, but boiling still decreases all mineral content by 5 to 10 percent. Steamed cauliflower retains 100 percent of all minerals.
Are there worms in cauliflower?
Tapeworms are hugely found in cauliflower and cabbage and if it enters our body, it can even cause brain disease. Doctors claim that tapeworms or larvae can be a major reason for serious injury to the brain. The infection caused by tapeworms is called taeniasis.