What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 15 steak and ale pie recipe that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
15 Steak And Ale Pie Recipe
How do you make Mary Berry steak and ale pie?
MARY BERRY’S STEAK AND ALE PIE
- 2–3 tablespoons sunflower oil.
- 500g (1 lb 2 oz) stewing steak, cubed.
- 1 large onion, chopped.
- 2 tablespoons flour.
- 1 × 500ml (18 fl oz) bottle of local ale.
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- 225g (8 oz) button mushrooms, quartered.
- 280g (10 oz) all-butter puff pastry.
How do you make a hairy biker steak and ale pie?
How does Gordon Ramsay make steak pie?
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/428°F/gas mark 7.
- Pour flour into a bowl and season well.
- Coat the meat with the seasoned flour.
- Heat half the butter in a heated pan and add the meat. …
- Add the vegetables, herbs, ale and stock. …
- When cooked, season, add the remaining butter and pour into an ovenproof serving dish.
Why is my steak and ale pie bitter?
Why is my steak and ale pie bitter? You probably used the wrong kind of ale. Next time, choose an ale with a sweeter flavor. If you’re using dried herbs, be careful not to add too much, as they are more potent than fresh herbs and can make the stew taste bitter.
How do you make a Jamie Oliver steak pie?
- 3 sprigs of fresh thyme.
- 3 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- 3 fresh bay leaves.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil.
- 1 knob of butter.
- 3 medium red onions.
- 1 kg quality shin of beef , ask the butcher to cut into 2.5cm dice and give you the bone.
Is braising steak and stewing steak the same?
“The key difference between braising and stewing,” he explains, “is the cut of meat. Braising is for cheaper, larger cuts of meat, such as beef cheeks. Stewing would use smaller cuts of meat that are uniform in size and it’s key to stewing that the meat is totally immersed in liquid.
What’s the best ale to cook with?
Tips for Cooking with Beer
- Wheat beers are great with chicken and seafood.
- Ales, porters, and stouts are perfect for pork, beef, and lamb.
- Belgian ales go great with hearty meat and game.
- Nut-brown ales pair well with stews and cheesy dishes.
What does a pie funnel do?
A small ceramic funnel which is placed on the filling of a pie, before the pastry lid is put in position. The funnel allows steam to escape during baking and prevents pastry cracking or turning soggy or the pie filling bubbling out.
What herbs go with beef?
Using herbs on beef is a great way to enjoy a scrumptious beef dish. You can opt for dried herbs like rosemary, oregano, tarragon, and thyme or fresh herbs like chives, basil, coriander, and parsley. Remember that fresh herbs taste best when sprinkled over meat just before serving.
Can you use puff pastry for a pie base?
It might sound a little strange using puff pastry for the base of the pie (since all the puffiness is going to be squashed down with pie filling), but it works, and it saves the effort of using a different type of pastry for the base.
What cut of beef is best for pies?
What cut of beef is best for pies? The best cuts for a slow cooked steak pie are chuck or silverside, or any braising beef you can get from your local supermarket will do just fine. You don’t need to use expensive cuts of meat for this steak pie.
How do you make steak pie crust thicker?
If you’ve ever made a meat pie, stew or sauce you know that one of the challenges is to get that right consistency. You don’t want it to be too runny, nor too thick. One of the most common tricks you might have used in such a case is to add a little bit of flour or corn starch. A spoonful can already do wonders here.
How do you make a beef pie?
- Preheat oven to 425°. Drain beef, reserving 1/4 cup juices; shred meat with 2 forks. …
- Unroll 1 pie crust; cut in half. Layer 1/4 cup shredded cheese and about 1/3 cup beef mixture over each crust half to within 1/2 in. …
- Bake until golden brown, 15-18 minutes. If desired, serve with queso dip.