What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 15 recipe for baked sliced sweet potatoes that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
15 Recipe For Baked Sliced Sweet Potatoes
How do I bake sliced sweet potatoes?
- Preheat oven to 375 F. Place sweet potato slices on a foil-lined baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil, season with salt, black pepper, and rosemary. Toss to coat.
- Roast sweet potato slices in the preheated oven for about 30 minutes until sweet potatoes are soft and golden brown. Serve warm.
How do you make sliced sweet potatoes easier?
Simply microwave the potato, depending on the size, for 1-2 minutes. Just enough to take some of the hardness out of the sweet potato… it makes cutting them much, much easier.
How do you cook sweet potato slices on the stove?
Peel the sweet potato and cut into thin slices. Heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the sweet potato slices to the frying pan. Cook, stirring every 2 minutes, for 10 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are browned and cooked through.
What should you season sweet potatoes with?
For a sweet/savory combo, try seasoning your sweet potatoes with:
- Cinnamon. For a warm cinnamon flavor, add 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon.
- Honey. Sweeten things up with 1 tablespoon honey or maple syrup. …
- Brown Sugar. Add 1 to 2 tablespoons brown sugar for a sweet, caramelized flavor.
How long does it take for sweet potato to cook in oven?
Can I slice sweet potatoes ahead of time?
Cutting sweet potatoes in advance is a great way to meal-prep your way to an easier weeknight dinner. You can absolutely cut sweet potatoes a day or two in advance, but make sure to store them in cold water in the refrigerator. Otherwise, they’ll dry out pretty quickly after they’re cut.
Can you soften sweet potatoes in the microwave?
Wash sweet potato thoroughly, pat dry, and pierce 3-4 times with a fork. Place potato on microwave-safe plate and microwave 5 minutes, turning halfway through. If your potato isn’t fork tender after 5 minutes, continue microwaving in 30 second increments.
Why is cutting sweet potatoes so hard?
Why are sweet potatoes so hard to cut. Sweet potatoes are a lot denser than say a russet or Yukon potato which makes them tougher to get through. Similar to carrots they have smaller more tightly packed molecules which make them hard to cut through. I recommend using a large sharp chef’s knife to cut through them.
Can you eat sweet potato skin?
Sweet potato skins are safe to eat and can be easily added to most recipes. They’re rich in fiber, other nutrients, and antioxidants that can help support a healthy gut, increase feelings of fullness, and prevent chronic disease. If you’re looking to get the most nutrition out of your sweet potato, keep the peel on.
How do I cook diced sweet potatoes?
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine sweet potato cubes, olive oil, salt, and pepper in a gallon-sized ziploc bag. …
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and spread sweet potato cubes out in a single layer.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
How do you bake a sweet potato fast?
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Farenheit.
- Wash the sweet potatoes and slice them in half. Place them on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and rub them with olive oil, just enough to coat. …
- Bake until tender and lightly browned on the edges, about 25 to 35 minutes depending on the size of the potatoes.
Can you use regular milk in sweet potato pie?
Tip to make the best sweet potato pie: You may prepare the sweet potatoes in advance. Be sure to use whole milk for the recipe or you can also use canned milk. Taste the pie filling and don’t be afraid to adjust the sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg to your preference.