What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 15 different meatloaf recipes without ketchup that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
15 Different Meatloaf Recipes Without Ketchup
What can I use instead of ketchup in meatloaf?
However, if you don’t like the taste of ketchup in your meatloaf, you can use BBQ sauce, tomato paste, or salsa. But don’t limit yourself to these three options: You could also use mustard, chili sauce, or even pickle juice. Another option is to use Worcestershire sauce.
How do you make a juicy meatloaf?
2. Add moisture at every step. Don’t skip adding eggs, ketchup, tomato paste, mustard, Worcestershire, barbecue sauce or some combination of wet seasonings. They don’t just add flavor and texture, they help make the meat super juicy.
How do you make Paula Deen’s meatloaf?
- 1 lb ground beef.
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion.
- 1/2 cup chopped bell pepper.
- 1 lightly beaten egg.
- 8 oz canned without juice diced tomatoes.
- 1/2 cup quick cooking oats.
What makes a meatloaf fall apart?
The most common reason as to why your meatloaf may fall apart is that it doesn’t have enough binding agents, like eggs and breadcrumbs. These ingredients are key because they’re what makes the meat mixture stick together and stay together while it cooks.
What’s a good substitute for ketchup?
Tomato paste (in a cooked dish)
The next best ketchup substitute is tomato paste. Add vinegar and/or honey or maple syrup using the quantities above if you have them on hand. You could also mix in a little Worcestershire sauce. Straight tomato paste is pretty bland, but it works in a pinch.
What other condiments can you use instead of ketchup?
What Can Be Used As Ketchup Substitutes For Your Recipes?
- Salsa. Salsa makes a healthy addition to a well-balanced diet. …
- Sun-Dried Tomato Hummus. A creamy sun-dried tomato hummus is so good and easy to make. …
- Barbecue Sauce. Barbecue sauce is the secret to the perfect summer cookout. …
- Mayonnaise. …
- Mustard. …
- Sriracha. …
- Tomato Jam.
Why do you put milk in meatloaf?
Why Put Milk In It. Milk soaks into the breadcrumbs and helps keep the meatloaf moist. I typically use whole milk in recipes, but any type of milk including non-dairy milk alternatives could be used.
How do you add flavor to meatloaf?
Try adding minced garlic, parsley, and thyme for a deeply savory taste. For mouthwateringly bold meatloaf, add Worcestershire sauce, Dijon mustard, and ketchup to the pre-baked mixture.
Should I drain the grease from my meatloaf?
If you bake your meatloaf in a loaf pan, which ensures a moist loaf, consider draining the fat 15 minutes before the end of the cooking time to develop a crisp top. This method is best served by cooking ahead, which makes slicing the meatloaf easier.
How do you make Patti Labelle meatloaf?
- 2 1/2 lbs ground round ; 85% lean.
- 1/2 cup bottled, thick Salsa ; plus more for serving.
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped.
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper ; seeded and chopped.
- 1/2 cup dried bread crumbs.
- 1/4 cup green onion, chopped ; white and green parts.
- 1/4 cup shallots, chopped.
- 2 cloves garlic ; minced.
Should I cover meatloaf with foil when baking?
Cover a single large meatloaf with a piece of aluminum foil during cooking to keep it moist, but uncover it for the last 15 minutes of baking. “Meatloaf is highly suited to being either frozen raw for cooking later or cooked and frozen to reheat.” Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.