What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 15 cucumber raita recipe easy that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
15 Cucumber Raita Recipe Easy
What are the ingredients of cucumber raita?
- 1 cup finely chopped cucumber or 1 medium-sized cucumber.
- 1 cup Curd (dahi or yogurt)
- ½ teaspoon kashmiri red chili powder or ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder or cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder (roasted ground cumin)
- ½ teaspoon chaat masala powder or as required.
How do you make cucumber raita pictures step by step?
how to make cucumber raita with step by step photo recipe:
- firstly, grate the cucumber. …
- furthermore, add 1 cup whisked curd.
- also add chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, salt and coriander leaves.
- give a good mix making sure the spices are mixed well.
- finally, serve the cucumber raita along with biryani or pulao.
How do you cut cucumbers for raita?
How do you thicken cucumber raita?
4 SIMPLE ways to make a thicker and creamier Raita
- Add fresh cream. To make the raita creamier, add some fresh cream into it before adding the vegetables and spices. …
- Use hung curd. Keep the curd tied in a muslin cloth for at least an hour before using it to make the raita. …
- Strain it. …
- Use a hand blender.
Can we mix cucumber and curd?
This way you enjoy the benefits of cucumber as well as yogurt. As a variation of raita that can also be used as a dip, cucumber raita is made by mixing together freshly chopped cucumber, green chillies, and yogurt, among other ingredients. It is quite popular in the summer months as it helps the body to beat the heat.
How long does homemade raita last?
What are the different ways to make raita?
How to make raita
- Add curd and salt to a mixing bowl. Whisk them until smooth with a fork or a whisk.
- Next add chopped cucumbers, onions, cumin powder, coriander leaves and green chilies.
- Stir gently. If required add more yogurt. …
- Garnish with cumin powder on top. Serve raita with biryani, pulao, kebabs or paratha.
Is cucumber raita good for health?
This ‘cooling veggie’ has a detoxifying and cleansing effect on the overall health. Its hydrating properties can provide with a lot of health benefits, including weight loss. It has zero fat and low calories.
What do you eat cucumber raita with?
Raita can be eaten with curries, vegetable dishes, naan or other breads. I like it in sandwiches, with rice and in tacos. Some raita is really meant to be a salad and not a condiment. In this case, increase the amount of fruits and vegetables and decrease the amount of yogurt.
What is raita called in English?
The word raita in Bengali language and Hindi is a portmanteau of the Sanskrit word rajika or the derivative Hindi rai (pronounced “ra-ee”) meaning black mustard seed, and tiktaka, meaning sharp or pungent. In South India, especially Kerala and Tamil Nadu, traditional raita is called pachadi.
How many calories are in a cucumber raita?
Per Serving: 32 calories; protein 2.4g; carbohydrates 4.1g; dietary fiber 0.4g; sugars 3.3g; fat 0.7g; saturated fat 0.4g; cholesterol 2.5mg; vitamin a iu 119.2IU; vitamin c 2.3mg; folate 10.5mcg; calcium 85mg; iron 0.4mg; magnesium 11.8mg; potassium 146.3mg; sodium 128.4mg.