What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 15 beef pot pie recipe using leftover roast that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
15 Beef Pot Pie Recipe Using Leftover Roast
What can I do with leftover pot roast?
Cut it up or shred it to use in a variety of recipes.
- Try Beef Stroganoff. Put leftover roast beef to good use and make slow cooker beef stroganoff, as cooking tough meat slowly in liquid tenderizes the tough fibers. …
- Build Some Burritos. …
- Add to Ramen Noodles. …
- Leftover Roast Beef Stew.
How do you make a beef pie?
- Preheat oven to 425°. Drain beef, reserving 1/4 cup juices; shred meat with 2 forks. …
- Unroll 1 pie crust; cut in half. Layer 1/4 cup shredded cheese and about 1/3 cup beef mixture over each crust half to within 1/2 in. …
- Bake until golden brown, 15-18 minutes. If desired, serve with queso dip.
What can I do with leftover roast beef juice?
Turning Left Over Broth From a Roast Into a Soup Or Stew
- Skim the fat chucks off the top of the broth (left there by the roast)
- For a stew I would add in carrots, celery, onions, garlic, and use a potato to naturally thicken the broth as it cooks.
What goes good with meat pie?
What To Serve With Steak Pie: 12 Incredible Sides
- Homemade chunky chips. …
- Lashings of rich beef gravy. …
- Wholegrain mustard mash. …
- Cauliflower cheese. …
- Oxo roast potatoes. …
- Jersey Royals with herby butter. …
- Creamed leeks. …
- Roasted purple sprouting broccoli.
What can I make with leftover roast broth?
My go to for any reserve liquids are to make rice for stir-fry. Keep it in the fridge for up to a week after cooking (one day before any stir-frying)–or eat with the meal (or leftovers on the day I make the rice).
What can I do with a tough chuck roast?
You may be able to salvage a roast that’s dry by adding more liquid. However, for meat that’s tough, we like to repurpose it instead. Let the meat cool, then use forks or your fingers to pull the overcooked meat into shreds. Then, use the meat to create new dishes.
How do you make a steak pie without a soggy bottom?
What cut of beef is best for pies?
What cut of beef is best for pies? The best cuts for a slow cooked steak pie are chuck or silverside, or any braising beef you can get from your local supermarket will do just fine. You don’t need to use expensive cuts of meat for this steak pie.
How does Gordon Ramsay make steak pie?
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/428°F/gas mark 7.
- Pour flour into a bowl and season well.
- Coat the meat with the seasoned flour.
- Heat half the butter in a heated pan and add the meat. …
- Add the vegetables, herbs, ale and stock. …
- When cooked, season, add the remaining butter and pour into an ovenproof serving dish.
How do you reheat leftover roast beef?
The Best Way to Reheat a Roast
- Place roast, uncovered, on wire rack set in rimmed baking sheet. Place sheet on middle rack in 250-degree oven.
- Roast until meat registers 120 degrees (1 to 1 1/2 hours depending on the roast). …
- Sear roast on all sides in oiled, hot skillet, 1 to 1½ minutes per side.
Can I freeze leftover roast beef?
Can you freeze cooked beef? You can freeze cooked beef for around 2 months. You should ensure it has cooled thoroughly before slicing, wrapping, and then placing it in the freezer.