What should I make for dinner tonight? This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here.
Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 15 1 2 pound ground beef recipes that we have shared over the years.
Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Most of these recipes are quick and easy ones made especially for busy weeknights.
15 1 2 Pound Ground Beef Recipes
What can I make with a small amount of hamburger?
- Leftover Cheeseburger Mac and Cheese.
- Ground Beef Casserole.
- Beef Noodle Casserole.
- Korean Ground Beef and Rice Bowls.
- Cheesy Beef and Macaroni.
- Cheesy Ground Beef Quesadillas.
- Ground Beef Tacos.
- Best Ever Chili.
Can I use half of my ground beef?
It is unsafe and should be thrown out. Raw ground beef only keeps in the refrigerator for 1-2 days. Ignoring storage time, regarding color, brown meat is as safe to eat as red meat.
How do you cook a small amount of ground beef?
Bonus: These tips work for any sort of ground meat or patties, so also try them with turkey, chicken, lamb or pork.
- Make it Mexican. …
- Stuff it into veggies.
- Stir it into chili. …
- Transform it into soup. …
- Whip up a casserole. …
- Roll up some meatballs.
- Dish it up in pasta. …
- Make it as easy as pie.
What can I add to ground beef for flavor?
For filler and flavor, add chopped herbs and soaked breadcrumbs. Minced garlic, fresh herbs, and dried spices flavor ground meat so effectively because they get mixed right into the center of the meat, unlike with a steak or roast, where the seasoning just sits on the surface.
Can I freeze cooked ground beef?
Once ground beef is fully cooked, place in a bowl and cool in the refrigerator. Once completely cooled, remove beef from the refrigerator and place in a freezer bag. If desired, separate into smaller servings and place in separate bags.
How long is leftover ground beef good for?
How many calories are in a 1/2 pound lean hamburger?
How long can you keep cooked ground beef refrigerated?
How do you make hamburger patties with cooked ground beef?
- Preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil grate.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg, salt and pepper. Place ground beef and bread crumbs into the mixture. …
- Place patties on the prepared grill. Cover and cook 6 to 8 minutes per side, or to desired doneness.
How do you cook ground beef in a pan?
- Heat the pan and coat with oil. Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. …
- Add the meat to the hot pan and break into large pieces. Add the meat to the center of the hot pan. …
- Break meat into smaller pieces, season, and brown. …
- Finish browning.
Why does meat turn grey in freezer?
All that ground beef underneath the top layer has no access to oxygen, so it turns an unappealing color of gray. This will also happen to any beef you store in the freezer.
Is beef safe to eat if it turns brown?
Check the color
The interior of raw ground meat may be greyish brown due to a lack of exposure to oxygen. This doesn’t indicate spoilage. Nevertheless, you should throw away ground beef if it has turned either brown or gray on the outside, as this indicates that it’s beginning to rot.
How long is unopened ground beef good for in the fridge?
It is safe to store ground beef in the refrigerator for 1–2 days, and eat leftovers within 4 days. A person can store ground beef in the freezer for up to 4 months.
What is in Hamburger Helper?
Hamburger Helper is a packaged food product from General Mills, sold as part of the Betty Crocker brand. As boxed, it consists of a dried carbohydrate (often pasta or rice), with powdered seasonings contained in a packet. The product line also features other starches, such as potatoes.
What can I make out of mince meat?
What do I want for dinner at home?
50 Dinner Ideas When There’s No Time to Cook
- Homemade Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni.
- Chicken Piccata Pasta.
- Pasta with Turkey Sausage and Peas.
- Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo (or Stovetop)
- Pasta Puttanesca.
- One-Pot Penne Pasta with Ground Turkey and Spinach.
- Cheesy Chicken and Broccoli with Whole Wheat Pasta.